Monday, September 8, 2008

Fist Day of School

Gracie started first grade on August 27. Where does the time go!! Here are a few pictures taken that morning and then after the pictures is my letter to Gracie.



On the phone with MeMa who was wishing her a happy first day of school.
Ready to go in
With her buddy Danielle who will be Valedictorian of the class of 2020. She is smart as a whip.
With her sweet teacher.

Dear Gracie,

You had some concerns about starting first grade this year because daddy has moved up with Ryan to the middle school and is no longer down the hall from you. You were also worried that you wouldn’t be able to go to the restroom whenever you needed to. Well, you have a wonderful teacher who is pregnant and therefore very much in favor of bathroom breaks. Daddy still gets to take you to school and you seem to be handling the fact that he isn’t there very well.

You are super smart and an excellent reader. I am always amazed at your wide range of vocabulary. You have been and always are very eager to learn new things. You ask us tons of questions about everything.

Your best buddy is our neighboor Logan who unforantley has moved. You are pretty bummed out about it but he only moved about three miles away so hopefully you guys can still play some together over the weekend. You have an active imagination and you and Logan play outside together for HOURS with almost no toys. A couple weeks ago it was raining and you and daddy had just come home from the grocery store and you were so upset when you walked in the door. We had this conversation:

You: “well, this is just great, it’s raining which means daddy can’t grill our supper and this was supposed to be my marrying day”

Me: “your’e marrying day, what do you mean”?

You: “this is the day I was supposed to marry Logan and now it is ruined because of the rain”.

Me: “wow, I didn’t know you and Logan were supposed to marry today”

You: “well yes, we’ve been talking about it all weekend and today was supposed to be the day and now we can’t get married and I know tomorrow he isn’t going to want to get married and I’m going to have to talk him in too it again”.
You cracked me up with this one!

You want to be a babysitter and an artist and live in Saluda, SC when you grow up. I honestly think though you will either be an attorney because you do love a good argument or a missionary because you always ask me if people have Jesus in their hearts and you love to talk to total strangers. I’m hoping missionary, and even though it will be difficult to send you on the mission field I prayed to the Lord that if He would bless us with a daughter I would in return raise you up to be a Christian and I would freely give you back to Him to use in service. I would never try to keep you here for selfish reasons.

You are so beautiful; funny and sassy and passionate and full of life!!!!!!! I can’t imagine my life without you in it. You take all the dull moments and make them interesting.

I love you!!!



No comments: