Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that Laurie Alice starts speech therapy today!!! I can’t wait to see how her vocabulary progresses over the next weeks and months. On a side note her speech therapist graduated from the college where I work.

I am thankful that Gracie really likes school and doesn’t mind getting up in the mornings as much as she did last year. She of course loved her kindergarten teacher but every morning was a battle getting her ready for the day.

I know I mention my husband a good bit whenever I post Thankful Thursday’s but I just can’t not mention him (is that even a proper sentence, LOL). He is such a good man and I am always amazed at the way he handles adversity in his life. He will not let it get him down nor does it hinder him in his ministry. He stays positive. I have a friend who refers to him as an “oak” and he really is.

I am thankful for our missionaries. I have always had a burden for missionaries and even as a child wanted to be one. I’ve never made it to a foreign mission field but I guess being a pastor’s wife and supporting my husband as he pastors our congregation is a mission field of sorts. I have recently started reading this blog and I love it. I posted on her blog and she responded back to my message and I just thought I would post it here.


From Me:
Your blog has now become one of my favorite to read. I found it through your daughter-in-laws blog "Bring the Rain". I've added your blog under My Favorites on my own blog.

I have always had a passion for our missionaries and I have cried after reading each of your post. I am a pastor’s wife and one of my favorite things is to be able to fellowship with our missionaries when they are on furlough and they speak at our church. I never grow weary of their stories and hang on to every word that they say just as I do with your blog. It is like a breathe of fresh air AND I love that you are so human and express so well how you felt when your husband said it was time to go to Africa. I laughed at your response. I sure wish this blog had been around when my husband and I planted our first church. WOW, did I need some encouragement in those days :)

I look forward to reading every day. You are an answer to a prayer and MANY, MANY souls are going to be blessed through this blog.


September 10, 2008 3:28 PM
Congo Hope said...

Hi Leslie,
I really appreciate your taking time out of your ministry life to comment. You are so on the front lines. I have a special place in my heart for ministry wives. God lift you up today with the Right Hand of His Righteousness. Beth Moore once said, "Easy lives do not make for good stories." But who wants to go through what does make for a good story? Not me! Not anyone. But how else can we feel, talk, walk and practice the grace of God without His stretching us taught until we either break and choose to run away or break and fall into His lap? You pastors' wives are such precious commodities. And I must thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of all missionaries for LOVING MISSIONARIES. Many generations do not even know what a missionary is because missions has taken such a back seat in the local church at large. Thank God that is not the case in your church. Malachi 3:16, 17 Amplified version

No comments: