Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Okay, a long time coming. Thankful Thursday is back!!!! Well, at least for this week anyway.

I am thankful for the newest member of our family. Mollie Beth, born on Friday, July 18th at 10:33 a.m. She weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 oz and 19 inches long. My mother, sister and grandmother got to be in the room when she arrived. I was suppose to be there but Laurie Alice had a Dr.’s apt that morning and who knew her apt. would take so long and that Mollie Beth would come after only two pushes! I hate like anything I missed the birth but I did get to hold her as soon as I got there and I was the first one to dress her.

I am thankful that Laurie Alice doesn’t need any surgery on her palate. The Dr. was very pleased with the surgery done in China. What a blessing!!!!! Prior to bringing her home the Dr. had prepared us for the possibility of some palate work because he wasn’t sure how good of a job they did in China. She has some pretty major dental problems (no surprise there) but we don’t have to tackle that until she is a bit older.

I am thankful that Laurie Alice did so well going to her class at daycare today. Today is my first day back after being home with everyone for twelve weeks so I wasn’t sure how she would do. She walked right in sat down and started eating her breakfast. She did give me a hug and then waved goodbye. I also watched her on the monitor. She was having a good time and at nap time she laid right down on her mat and went to sleep. I’m curious to know how long she has slept.

I am thankful we are having a great vacation bible school at our church. It started Monday night and we have had great numbers. It will end Friday night and I pray those who have attended will have learned a lot.

That’s it for this week! Enjoy the pictures of our sweet little girl.





I love this picture. Those are my grandparents hands.

2 comments:

Amber and Matt said...

Hello there old friends! I am so excited to come across your blog! Great to see how you've been doing. I think it has been at least 5 five years, probably more, since we've communicated last. Hope we can catch up soon!

Amber Schoming Biviano

Amber and Matt said...

Hello there old friends! I am so excited that I came across your blog! It is great to hear how you've been. I hope we can catch up soon!

Amber Schoming Biviano