Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Remembering

I was reading a beautiful blog last week written by the wife of one of the members of the Christian music group Selah (which I love). She and her husband lost their daughter Audrey a few months ago and as I read her post it brought back memories of our own loss. I began to cry as I thought about how this same time eight years ago Rusty and I attended our own child’s funeral and then three years prior to that when I was pregnant I was given the due date of July 27th . So much sadness during that time. I remember the veil of darkness that I lived under and thought about the countless times I cried out to God. I had so many questions for Him and wondered how any good was going to come from our loss and grief. Then I walked into each of my daughter’s room and as they slept I kissed their almond shaped eyes and touched their black silky hair and I cried again but this time they were tears of thanksgiving. My girls are a constant reminder that God took the bad and turned it into good. Now these dates don’t hold sorrow anymore but bring me joy!!!

No comments: