Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday!!! I should have scanned a baby picture of myself but I didn’t get around to it. I had a Women’s Ministry Meeting last night and when I got home at 10:00 Rusty and Gracie were waiting up for me. They had decorated the kitchen table and had a cake with a 39 candle burning. Notice I didn’t say 39 individual candles that would have been a fire hazard. Laurie Alice had fallen asleep an hour before I got home so she missed the festivities last night. We ate cake and ice cream and they gave gifts. Wednesdays are very busy for us with church and work so Rusty decided to have the little celebration last night because he was afraid my birthday might get overlooked today. We did the cake thing again this morning so Laurie Alice could participate. I wish I had a picture of her face when Rusty brought the cake out. She didn’t know what to make of the flaming cake. She had the most puzzled look but then was quickly impressed when I blew the fire out. She got so excited when she presented me with the gift that she had picked out for me. I can’t wait until we get to celebrate her birthday in December. I hope she isn’t too overwhelmed by it all. Anyway, it was a sweet evening and morning

3 comments:

all4memories said...

I'm a little behind checking out your blog, but I wanted to tell you, "Happy late birthday!" (I turned 40 last month, and it was a rough year leading up to it. :o( I think we have enough medical bills this year to claim on our taxes!!) I pray this year goes well for you. Celebrate every day like it's your birthday!!!! :o)

Amber and Matt said...

I'm late on the birthday wishes, but I'm glad you had a special celebration. That was very sweet and thoughtful of Rusty.

Amber and Matt said...

I'm late on the birthday wishes, but I'm glad you had a special celebration. That was very sweet and thoughtful of Rusty.