Thursday, October 16, 2008

I saw Toby Mac & Jeremy Camp Baby!!!!!!!

I am so excited because I got to see Mr. Toby Mac AND Mr. Jeremy Camp Friday night at the State Fair FOR FREE!!! My sister Laurie volunteered this past week at our local Christian radio station so she got a ticket (very clever of her). My sister Alice had been trying all day to win tickets from another station and finally won two and asked if I wanted to go. Heck yeah and It was AWESOME!!!! I don’t know if it was because I haven’t been to a concert since Rusty was a youth pastor or I was just so excited to be out with the girls but probably because both guys put on a great show. It was raining like crazy and I was soak and wet but I couldn’t have cared less. I was a little concerned at first that maybe I was too old to be rocking out with the Mac but as it turned out there were lot’s of us “old” people there and we were keeping up just as well as the younguns. I’m actually surprised that I like Toby Mac’s music because his style is not what I’m used to but I’m so drawn to his lyrics and you just can’t help but bop your head when you are listening to him. My sister’s and I even did this crazy rapper thingy with our hands to one of the songs. If only Gracie had been there I’m sure she would have thought me to be real cool! I’m so going to name drop right now, my cousins husband and Toby Mac are friends and they actually played golf together earlier that day and if my sisters and I had not been so preoccupied with eating fair food and stuck a little tighter to my cousin we might have just been able to meet the guy in person. Beth and Carl if you are reading this how about hook us up at Winter Jam in February.

If you would like to see a little bit of both these guys then check out their videos.




My favorite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reese and I are soooo jealous!! Toby Mac is Reese's favorite singer, we can't get in the car with out listening to "Lose my Soul".

Lisa said...

Leslie! Hi! Okay...this is embarrassing because I was actually ON my computer when your comment came in and I loved it, obviously, so I popped over here to say hi and read through your blog a bit. Hi! :) And OOOOOH!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I didn't even get past the first post, Leslie, because I had to write and say how incredibly jealous I am of you and your sisters and your cousin and her husband because I wish I could have been at this concert! These guys are two of my faves! I love, love, love when Jeremy Camp does "Give Me Jesus"... My oldest son, Jack, and I went about five years ago to a Third Day/Tobymac concert in Little Rock and loved it. Third Day is my favorite band and Tobymac was his, so it was our dream mom/son concert. He puts on a good show, doesn't he? If you get the hookup for Winter Jam, you MUST blog all about it! Okay...now I am off to read all about your beautiful daughters but I just wanted to thank you so much for your incredibly encouraging words, Leslie. Thank you! It means a lot when friends take the extra time to comment. Glad you're getting some chuckles out of it. Hope you come back SOON.

With thanks,


Lisa :)