Friday, January 16, 2009

1 Year Ago

One year ago today at exactly 3:30 my phone rang at work and I saw the Colorado area code on the caller ID and my heart skipped a beat because our agency is located there. I heard Sarah from the child-match department say “Leslie, I’m looking at the face of a sweet little girl who needs a Mama and a Daddy”. She emailed me the information on Wan Chang and told me to look over everything and to let her know if we were interested in adopting her. She also asked if I would like to see pictures to which I screamed “YES”, it didn’t matter if she was green with blue polka dots I knew she was going to be our little girl. I told Sarah we would review the file but in my heart I knew we would say yes. Of course we did and the rest is history!






Here she is today. Amazing what belonging can do!


4 comments:

Heather said...

How cute! I absolutely LOVE the last picture.

Getting the call is one of those special days that none of us will ever forget. What a blessing!

Beth and Ryan said...

Yes, Leslie, I do think the girls eyes say a lot. MK's eyes are probably my favorite thing to watch....they say so much!

all4memories said...

Congratulations! How quickly time flies. She's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

She couldn't belong to a more perfect family! :)
So much fun watching Gracie (and your family!) grow via a blog-site!
I miss her southern charm often!