Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my friend Rosie; she is such a blessing to me. She has provided me with much needed comic relief at work and she is just an all around neat person. She takes things as they come and never seems to get stressed out. She’s also originally from England and she never gets mad at me when I poke fun at her about being a foreigner or make fun of the fact that like all good English people she will eat anything on toast. Tomorrow is her Birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE!!!!!!!!! Love ya Girlfriend!

Would it be over the top if I mentioned yet again how thankful I am for my husband? I just love that man!! He pastors a church and works in the schools, does our laundry, cooks about 90% of our meals, grocery shops, takes care of Gracie after school and he NEVER complains. The past couple of weeks have been particularly busy for us and he just keeps going on and handles all of the responsibilities required of him. I’d also like to say that he is an excellent preacher. In fact, he is my favorite preacher to listen to. I’ll hear other preachers and I’ll tell Rusty they were okay but not as good as him. The thing I love about him the most is that he is a Godly man and that means more to me than any flowers or gifts he could ever give me.

I’m thankful for good health. Now don’t get me wrong, I could stand to loose a few pounds, well make that a lot of pounds but generally speaking everything works as it should and I don’t have to take medication for anything. There are so many people in the world who are afflicted with serious health problems. I’m amazed at the courage and strength that they have and it humbles me.

Last but not least I am thankful that it is the first of March and we are having Spring like weather!!!! I love it.

I hope everyone has a very thankful Thursday.

1 comment:

trotters5 said...

I second the motion on Rusty's preaching! I learned more from him as my Pastor than I have from anyone else in my adult life. He not only preaches but he teaches. He takes the Bible and relates it to everyday life and teaches how it applies today. When Rusty is preaching, it seems so simple to understand. He really does a great job bringing God's Word to life for his congregation.