Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It has been awhile since I posted a thankful Thursday but it certainly doesn’t mean I haven’t been thankful, quite the opposite. I am filled with even more joy and thankfulness than ever before.

I am thankful for our sweet Laurie Alice. I can’t imagine our family without her. I can’t believe that there was a time that I had some reservations about adopting another child. I felt so incredibly lucky to have Gracie and God had blessed us so much through her. I felt like I would be greedy to ask for another child. I also couldn’t imagine loving another child as much as I love Gracie. I’m so glad I’m married to a man who convinced me that those reasons were pure nonsense. I look at Laurie Alice and I think about what we would be missing out on if we didn’t have her in our lives. I’ve learned like all mothers do that your heart just grows for each of your children and although you love them all very much you get to have unique relationships with each one. I’m thankful they have such different personalities. I get to have two different experiences.

I am thankful that all four of us are home together until I go back to work on July 24th. It has been a wonderful summer. We have had fun hanging out at Laurie’s pool; playing outside and sleeping in.

I am thankful for all the wonderful families that we have meet through the adoption process and on our trip. They will be lifelong friends and I’m looking forward to watching their children grow up.

No comments: