Monday, June 9, 2008

Update

Things are still going so well with all of us. Rusty and Gracie finished school last Thursday so it has been really nice to have them home. It’s also nice not to have to follow a strict bedtime routine now that Gracie doesn’t have to get up so early. Two nights ago I decided to leave Laurie Alice’s bed once she fell asleep and try to sleep in my own bed. The first night at about 2:00 a.m. I felt little hands rubbing my arm and when I looked it was Laurie Alice standing there. She clapped her little hands and then held them up high meaning, “Put me in the bed” so I did! She slept peacefully through the night until about 9:00. The next night I heard her coming from the den crying for me. I think she got confused about where she was going because I forgot to leave the bathroom light on which is between the two rooms. I felt so sorry for her that she had gotten disoriented. This time though I took her back to her bed and slept with her. I would have put her in the bed with us but I knew Rusty had to get up early on Sunday and I didn’t want it to disturb her. Last night Gracie begged to sleep in our bed so we let her and Rusty slept with Laurie Alice. By the way, Gracie does not want to sleep in the bed with her sister because she is such a wild child in the bed and she is afraid of being kicked. Gracie sleeps on a little couch that will fold out into a small bed. She puts this next to the big bed in her room. I say all this to say that sleeping arrangements are a little crazy right now but I am of the opinion that you just do what you have to do to get sleep! Also, I realize that before we know it our girls will be teenagers and of course they will not want to sleep with us. I’m trying to savor these moments and not worry too much about the little things in life and in the whole scheme of life the sleeping issues are so small.

I hate I don’t have any pictures to post this time but the battery went dead in my camera and I haven’t replaced it yet. I really need to because the girls are so cute! They are still loving each other and getting along very well. Now don’t get me wrong, there are fusses and they will slap at each other but all of this is normal. My favorite thing to do as a mother is to watch my girls interact with each other. I just think their relationship is so neat. I know how much my sisters mean to me (I did name Laurie Alice after them if that tells you anything) and I just hope that they will be as close as we are.

We hung out at my sister’s pool today. Laurie Alice loves the water and especially loves being passed back and to between me and her Daddy. My sister had some cantaloupe she cut up and LA was able to do the thing she loves most, feed people! Gracie and my nephews would swim up to her and she would pop the pieces of cut up cantaloupe in their mouths. She played hard and fell asleep at 4:30 and it is now 11:00 p.m. and she is still asleep. I do have this fear that she is going to wake up at 2:00 a.m. ready to play so I guess I better close this blog out incase this does happen I can get up with her.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I agree that the best way to sleep is the way everybody sleeps best:) Thanks for your blog link and I hope we will keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Awww, its so fun to read about Laurie Alice and all the fun stuff going on! You guys are an awesome family! We miss you!!