Monday, February 9, 2009

Circus

Sorry but I have no picture for today. I’m so bad!

I took the girls to the Circus this Saturday (Rusty had too many things going on) and they really had a great time. I was pleasantly surprised that Laurie Alice wasn’t scared to death. Of course the big bag of cotton candy she consumed may have helped her through any fears she had. Of all the performances Gracie’s favorite was of the scantly clothed girl who was able to magically change the color of her outfits when her male assistant draped a cloth around her. She talked about it all the way home and all day yesterday. She now wants to be in the circus and do that same act. Remember when childhood dreams were fun?


It was also great because I finally got to meet a fellow blogger, Beth, who was also at the circus with her boys. It’s a long story how we connected but we email occasionally and follow each other’s blogs but have never actually met. She recognized us from pictures and came over to where we were and introduced herself. She has a little girl from the same town as Laurie Alice. I’ve always thought our girls eyes and hair were very similar and Beth confirmed it after meeting Laurie Alice on Saturday. Laurie Alice doesn’t even have to talk much because her eyes say it all. As soon as I’m home full time I certainly hope Beth and I along with our families can get together.

1 comment:

Erin Southwell said...

Congratulations on your two beautiful children! Thank you for stopping by my blog-I would love to help you out with your house if you want any advice, feel free to email me, proverbs2434@gmail.com-I'm not Layla, but still happy to help a friend. :) Erin