Friday, September 5, 2008

Four Months

Four months ago we became a family of four. This picture was taken in the White Swann Hotel in Guangzhou. I thought I would write to Laurie Alice about the things she is doing.

Ever since you learned how to hop (about two months ago) you love to do it. Just this morning you hopped your way from the van to your classroom. When we get to your hall you love for me to lift you up so you can look through the big window and see Miss. Nancy and all your friends.

Within the past week you have started putting me and Daddy in time-out whenever you get mad at us. You shake your finger and scold us in mixed up English/Chinese baby talk. You are so funny with your little forehead all scrunched up. You take our hand and lead us back to our room where you then shut the door and leave us standing by ourselves. You will come back and check to make sure we are okay and when you decide we have been back there long enough you lead us back into the living room. You LOVE to play this game and it distracts you from whatever it was that made you mad.

You love to copy your big sister. Whatever she eats, wears and does you want to do the exact same thing. The other night when Gracie wanted to wear socks to bed we had to put socks on your feet too, but not just any socks they had to be Gracie’s socks. You looked so cute with your stripped Hello Kitty socks on.

You’ve just started to lick your finger whenever you turn the pages of the books you are reading. Gracie did the same thing when she was your age.

You love to wear dresses and spin around. You run to the big mirror in our room and look at yourself and touch your dress and face. You are so proud of yourself in your fancy dresses. You also love shoes and especially your white church shoes. I think you would wear them everyday if I let you see them.

You say so many things now. The words are not very clear but we get the gist of what you mean. Although this morning you said “go-go” plan as day. You even made the g sound in “go” perfect!! Me and Daddy and Gracie were so excited for you and clapped and cheered.

You are such a sweet sweet child. You love to snuggle with whoever sleeps with you. You press your cheek to my cheek and you rub my arm and face. You also like for your back and tummy to be rubbed to help you fall asleep. The other day you sat in the bathroom while I took my shower. You took my hand and helped me out of the shower and handed me my towel. You love to wear deodorant just like Mommy. You also say “thank you” without being reminded.

Your teacher tells me that you play well with the other children and are good about sharing. When your classmates become upset you are very concerned about them and will console them.

You LOVE candy and cakes and cookies, unlike Gracie who isn’t fond of sweets. You will eat most anything although you are not big on green beans or broccoli unless you can dip them in lots of ranch dressing.

I love that when I pick you up from school you run to me and get so excited to see me. When I ask you about your day you just talk and talk to me and use your expressive eyes to tell me about it and you use lot’s of hand gestures.

You are a joy to parent and I’m so happy to be your mommy.

No comments: