Friday, September 12, 2008

We did it again.....

We completed Gracie’s first project of the year. She was given an assignment on Monday to complete a family time line due today. Before we knew it, bam, Thursday was upon us. We did what any good parents would do we “assisted” her on the project (the note that came home did say we could help) We asked her what would be some events she would like to include on our, I mean her time line. She went through about 15 things and then we, I mean she narrowed it down to seven items. We looked through some pictures together (she sat and snacked on Doritos while Rusty and I debated on the best photos to print) and then at 9:30 we sent her on to bed. I would have loved to have been of more help but I was so tired and had to go to bed myself. When we woke up, voila`, timeline completed! It was beautiful, colorful captions, pictures aesthetically laid out. I slapped Rusty on the back, another job well done!

Last year in kindergarten Gracie had to complete an “All about Me” collage (we were allowed to help) and I’m not exactly sure what happened but Rusty and I took over the project with fever and determination. We cut, we pasted, we argued over the best placement of the pictures. Gracie’s “All about Me” would be THE NUMBER ONE collage of all the kindergarten classes. Oh yes, she was there and I even gave her a magazine and a pair of scissors and let her cut pictures although I had NO intention of letting her use them. It also came out beautifully and I think Rusty and I even high fived.

For thanksgiving Gracie and I had to decorate a cut out turkey her teacher sent home. The turkey sported a pink tutu with matching accessories along with a wand and to finish her off I added pink and silver glitter to her outfit. I think Gracie was there with me although I vaguely remember some tears being shed because just maybe she mentioned wanting to pick out what her turkey would be dressed in….. I don’t know it’s all a haze now. At the end of the year we received a scrapbook with Gracie’s work and there they were, the “All about Me” page the turkey. I have never been so proud.

I admit, I’m awful when it comes to projects like this. I am NOT competitive at all but when it comes to school projects both Rusty and I get a little crazy. Please pray for us!

1 comment:

Amber and Matt said...

What a wonderfully cute and funny story! I will pray that Mama and Daddy will assist less and encourage more! ;-)