Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day





I am truly blessed to be their mother! Oh, I have days where they make me want to pull my hair out and days when I wonder if I'm doing this parenting thing right. I'm like any normal mom out there and certainly no saint, but I will have to say that I don't take being their mother for granted. I think because they are adopted that makes them extremely special to me, and I remember what it felt like before they were in my life. I don't dwell on it and I don't wake up every morning and say "Oh, let me see my beautiful adopted daughters!" No, it's more subtle; like a brief thought of thankfulness, a little daily reminder that the Lord heard my prayers and He answered them. On Mother's Day the thoughts run much deeper. I think this holiday, along with Father's day, has such a deeper meaning for those of us who have adopted. It's even hard to put into words in this blog. Bottom line, I am grateful and will never forget nor take for granted what I've been given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet!!!!!!!!!! I needed a good cry of Joy this morgning.
Aunt Lolly