Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Beginning

Ta Da!!! I am officially a blogger!!!


Let me start by saying that my grammar is probably not going to be the best because I will more than likely be posting way past my bedtime and well I'm just not that great with punctuations etc...... This is for my girls more than anything so I'm not going to stress over it. I decided to start this in lieu of scrap booking and keeping chronological photo albums. I want to give a big thank you to my friend Sharon who designed my blog. You will find her Spiffy Blog site on this page. "Thank you Sharon".



So here goes.........




I would like to talk about why the scripture in the heading is so important to me. After the loss of our third pregnancy I was going through a very difficult time spiritually. I had a lot of questions for God and to be honest, I was extremely angry with Him. I wanted answers and I wanted to know how everything was going to turn out. Rusty and I wanted children and I just felt like God owed me an explanation as to why it wasn't happening. I really can't remember if this scripture was on a card someone sent me or maybe I saw it while I was reading my bible but where ever it was I remember this verse literally leapt off of the page (which sripture has a way of doing). I kept reading it over and over and over again. I realized in that moment that God really didn't have to explain anything to me. He ultimately was in control of the situation and He knew far better than me how all of this was going to play out. This scripture healed my heart and it gave me the strength I needed to turn my mourning into joy and helped me through the long journey of adoption. You know, it did indeed come out so much better than I could have ever imagined!!!! If the Lord had told me many years ago I was going to get on a plane and fly to China to bring home a little girl I would not have believed it or understood just how wonderful it was going to be.



So here we are again having just received the referral for Laurie Alice Chan Wang Trotter. I have no idea what bringing this child into our family is going to hold but I know it's going to be BIG and I know it's going to be great because through all of this I have learned that His ways are far better and turn out much greater than anything I could ever imagine or put my hand to.




No comments: