Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thankful Thursday and since it falls on Valentine's Day I thought I would start off # 1 with

My husband. He is my best friend and my favorite person to hang out with. He is my rock and the calming force in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I'm sure thankful I'm married to him. In addition to being a great husband he is the best father I know. I hope Gracie and Laurie Alice know how lucky they are to have him as a their Daddy.

I’m thankful for my nephew Blake who turned 9 years old on Tuesday. Happy Birthday Blake!!!!! Love, Aunt Leslie

I’m thankful that my daughter has a wonderful and active imagination. She is full of life and although at times I’m at a loss as how to wrangle all that personality up, I wouldn’t change it for one minute. I could write a book with all the funny things she tells us. Lately she has started inventing words like "Computating" (I’m spelling it how she pronounces it), which means to sit at a computer all day.


I’m thankful for the many great friends I have now and for friends to come. I have so much joy in my life because of these friendships. There are some extra special ones because I can see how the hand of God brought these people in my life. I’ll write about that one day soon.


Of course I’m always thankful for my family both immediate and extended. I feel so lucky to have such a close relationship with my sisters and my mother. The relationship with my sisters is the main reason we decided to adopt again. I know how special it is to have siblings and I want the same thing for my girls. I’m also very lucky that I have a friendship with my sister-in-law. So many families have in-law problems but not us.

I am thankful for many more things but I'll just list four or five things each week.


I hope everyone has a happy Valentines Day!!!

No comments: