Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for my house. Now I have to be honest, this is something that I have just recently become thankful for. Our house is pretty small and it is not located in the most prominent neighborhood. I didn’t really want to live here initially when we bought it seven years ago but Rusty was pretty firm that we were not going to buy something we couldn’t afford. We have a low mortgage and this has afforded us to be able to adopt Gracie and now Laurie Alice. It may also allow me to stay home in the very near future. More on that later!

I am thankful for Gracie’s teacher and her assistant. They are wonderful ladies and you can tell they love the children in the class. Gracie has received a great foundation from being with them and I hope it will carry over into the coming years. We love you Mrs. Yonce and Mrs. Watson!!!!!!!!

I am thankful that I have a great job that allows me some flexibility to do things with Gracie’s school, like I get to be the homeroom mom! It’s a low stress job most of the time and right across the street is the daycare where Gracie went and where Laurie Alice will go.

I am thankful that I NEVER have to do laundry. Rusty is the laundry guy and that’s a good thing because if were not for him we would go naked!!! He also grocery shops AND cooks 90% of our meals. He’s been known to shampoo the carpet and even wash and iron our drapes. I know I have it good. Thank goodness he learned well from his Daddy!!!

I know these aren’t deep spiritual things to be thankful for but I am truly thankful for them.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

NO LAUNDRY??? wow....I think I am officially jealous! LOL

Hugs!
Sharon

Leslie said...

I know, lucky me! It has been so long since I did any laundry that I once decided I would surprise Rusty and do some. I couldn't figure out how to make the dryer work. I kept trying to pull it out. I told him our dryer was broken and when he asked me what I was doing he just laughed and said "honey, you push it in".

Oh Well!!!