Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for the newest addition to our family. Trace Wayne was born this week to my cousin and his wife. Isn’t he just about the most perfect looking baby you’ve ever seen! Congratulations Wayne and Ingrid and big brother Carter.

I am thankful for such a wonderful church family. They really are a great congregation. As their pastors wife they don’t place a lot of responsibilities and expectations on me. They allow me the time I need as a full time working mother to be the best wife I can be to their pastor and mother to our child and soon to be children. I have many friends in the ministry and I’m amazed at the demands placed on them. Thank you New Hope!!!!!!

I am thankful that my mother is feeling better. She has had some lower back pain and I was concerned about her. I get uncomfortable when my mother has health issues. I spoke to her this morning and she said today is much better.

I am thankful that I still have my grandparents in my life. They have played such an instrumental roll in who I am today. I don’t tell them nearly enough how important to me they are and what a blessing they have been to me. I’m thankful Gracie knows them and that Laurie Alice will too.

I am thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who loves me just the way I am. He loves me whether I’m singing His praises or if I’m off thinking I can do something on my own. He thinks I’m great even when I feel invisible and don’t think I’m all that much.

So what are you thankful for today? I encourage you to take out a pen and paper today and start making a list. I don’t think we focus enough on the positives in our lives. It’s too easy to get sucked up in the negatives.

No comments: