Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hannah Montana

My husband did something a few weeks ago that I still can’t believe. He bought Gracie a Hannah Montana t-shirt!! Now I don’t want to offend anyone because what you do is your business but I personally loathe shirts with rock stars. I really don’t even like character shirts but I particularly hate shirts with pictures of real people. When Gracie was a baby I wouldn’t even buy the Pampers brand diapers because of the Disney characters that are on them. I know, I have issues, I’m very aware of my weirdness. I’m not the only one like this though because both my sisters feel the same way. I also have bad feelings about bedazzled clothes.

My friends and I had a lively discussion about all the fashion booboo’s we made as tweens and teens. I owned my fair share of air brushed t-shirts and my friend Fiona pointed out that she used to wear a t-shirt with one of those iron on kitties. Remember those; they hung in the windows of every t-shirt shop in Myrtle Beach. My friend Kim and I could hardly wait to go on our annual youth group trip to the beach so we could buy matching iron on shirts. Yep, those were the days. We couldn’t get enough big hair and ugly shirts. I was reminded that I owned both a Shawn Cassidy and Leif Garrett t-shirt. Correct me if I’m wrong but they were totally hot, I mean please there is a big difference here!





So what’s a mom to do? I’m going to do what my mother suggested and us it to my advantage, use it as leverage, like for instance if you will go to bed like a big girl for a week you can wear the HM shirt or if you don’t stop talking back to us then you can’t wear the HM shirt for a week. Yeah, this could work out pretty well. So here she is in all of her Hannah Montana t-shirt glory (notice she is only wearing it to bed)!! I still haven’t figured out how Rusty is going to pay for this but mark my words he will.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about all the character clothing. So you and your sisters are not alone. The only reason Reese has had any clothing with characters is because family has given it to her. Not sure how you get around finding diapers with no characters, that has to be a challenge.!!!