Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my sweet nephew Brayden. He will turn 6 on April 9th. Happy Birthday Brayden I love you!!

I am thankful for the girls in my Wednesday night class. I teach a class of 3rd – 5th grade girls at church and they are a hoot to say the least. I find out all kinds of interesting tid bits from them. It’s wild to hear there take on boys, friendships, school, family, God. This age is VERY different from when I was there. They deal with problems that I didn’t have to worry about until I was in Middle School. I’m glad I have the opportunity to be with them and I learn as much from them as they do from me.

I am so thankful for the rain today!!!!!! It would be fine with me if it rained all the way through the weekend. I, along with all South Carolinians, have been suffering this Spring with allergies and it’s so nice to see all the pollen being washed away.

I am thankful for all the people who have contributed to our adoption. The generosity is overwhelming. Just as with our adoption for Gracie people have given unselfishly and because of that it makes our burden lighter. When I wrote thank you notes 5 years ago I included that I looked forward to sharing with Gracie how so many people helped bring her home. I will also share this with Laurie Alice. Through both processes we have been able to witness many miracles one of those being the financial aspect of adoption. I know both my girls were meant to be with us and I thank God on a weekly basis that He allowed Rusty and me this experience. He took a very sad time in our lives and turned it into the greatest thing we could experience.

No comments: