Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Are We Doing?

You might be asking, “What exactly have we been up to?” Well, we have been extremely busy!!! I bought out half of Wal-Mart and Target; I’ve been trying to get some packing done and I’m getting over a finger print snafu. Long story short, we had our fingerprints renewed on April 11th. Our agency advised us to follow up with the National Visa Center to make sure CIS had in fact forwarded our prints and then had them sent on to China. After calling for an hour I finally talked to someone who told me they had not received anything. The next day I contacted our Senator who then got on the ball very quickly. It seems that by the time it was all said and done the snafu lay with the Visa Center and not the CIS office. The good news is that it’s over now and everything has been forwarded to China. If it had not been for the involvement of Senator Lindsay Graham we would still be in limbo with our prints. I cannot say enough great things about how Senator Graham and his staff responded; I never once had to leave a message or punch any numbers to talk to a live person. He will continue to get my vote!!!

We also had a baby shower hosted by all the great people at the school where Rusty works and Gracie attends. It was a gift card/money shower and we were so touched by everyone’s generosity. There is such a great sense of community among everyone. Thank you RBE! You really outdid yourselves.






No comments: