Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This will probably be my last Thankful Thursday until we return home. I have so much to be thankful for!!

Even if I don’t agree with their politics I am thankful to the country of China because they have given me the opportunity to be a mother.

I am thankful for a daughter that I don’t even know yet but already love dearly.

I am thankful that Gracie will get to visit her birth country and she gets to be involved in an important part of her sisters adoption. I’m looking forward to becoming a family of four without a lot of outside interruptions. The only thing we have to worry about during our trip is each other.

I’m thankful for all the people at our church who are stepping up and filling in during our absence. Rusty and I both have asked various people in our congregation to take on extra duties and they have done so with a smile on their faces and I know they are more than willing to do whatever we ask of them.

I’m thankful for all the prayers so many people are lifting up for us. If I have experienced even a hint of anxiety it leaves me as quickly as it came. I know that the prayers of our church family, extended family and our friends are also preparing Laurie Alice’s heart to receive us.

I am thankful for the beautiful bedroom my mother is creating for our girls. This is her gift to us and it is greatly appreciated. She bought new furniture; painted walls, will be hanging a chandelier and putting all the finishing touches in the room while we are gone. I’m also thankful she is taking some time off work when we return so we can get some much needed sleep!

Of course, I am thankful that I get to travel with and raise two girls with my husband. I can’t imagine having this experience with anyone else.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Leslie,
I can't wait to see photos of the girls' room! I know it will be beautiful.

Hugs & love!
Sharon