Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This and That

It’s been one of those busy weeks again so I haven’t had much time to blog. I really want to blog 2-3 times a week but sometimes it’s just not possible. I’m getting REALLY excited about our trip. Even though we still haven’t received travel approval I’m pretty confident we will travel the first part of May. That’s like only 6-7 weeks from now! WOW! I can’t believe we are finally in the home stretch. I can’t believe that very soon we will be a family of four. It’s going to be so exciting to see how the family dynamics change. I’m sure there are going to be some major adjustments for all of us but there is no way the adjustments can outweigh the positives.

We went to Jimmy and Ronette’s this past weekend for a fish fry and had a really nice time. Rusty’s cousin Carl and his wife Angie were there. It was nice to see them. Gracie plays so good with her cousins, Carrie and Allie. Carrie is almost 9 and Gracie thinks she is the coolest. If I’m ever trying to get Gracie to do or wear something at the house and she shows any resistance all I have to say is “you know I think Carrie wears a dress like this” or “you know if I’m not mistaken I believe Carrie picks up her room” I can pretty much consider it done. Will, our 11 year old nephew went to a friends house so he wasn’t there but we found out that he earned a badge from the RA group at his church for remembering and reciting 75 bible verses. Way to go Will!!!!!! I can’t imagine being able to do that. I can barely remember what I have to do each day.



This is Carrie and Allie. (Sorry Will, I promise I'll get one of you on here soon)

Last night I spoke at our Women’s Ministry meeting and all in all I think I did okay. Public Speaking is not what I do best but I think I was able to pull it off and hopefully someone in the group gleaned something from what I had to say.

I wanted to give everyone an update on our fund raising efforts. The ChipIn doesn’t reflect all the money we have received. Some folks preferred to send us checks so $800.00 has been raised not counting what appears in our ChipIn. The money raised will go towards our $3,000.00 donation towards Laurie Alice’s orphanage. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. There are not enough words to express our gratitude for helping us bring our girl home. Don’t forget that the drawing for the Spiffy Blog will be held on Sunday, April 13th. I’m going to let Gracie draw the name.

I guess that’s all for now. Come back tomorrow and check out all the things I’m thankful for.

No comments: